The Port is within easy access of Salcombe with a passenger ferry which runs frequently between East Portlemouth and Salcombe.
- A water taxi is available in the evenings – this is run by the harbour master in high and mid season – check for availability: Harbour Office 01548 843791, Water Taxi 07807 643879
- Salcombe is a very popular upmarket tourist resort which retains its character of a fishing town.
- Plenty of shops including small boutiques, a butcher, a baker, a fishmonger, a local store, bookshop, hardware, etc.
- There is a mixture of traditional pubs and family friendly restaurants to choose from.
- There are ferries that run between Salcombe and South Sands and Salcombe and Kingsbridge.
- Salcombe offers a wide variety of watersports including sailing, fishing, water-skiing and windsurfing. There are also tuition centres for sailing, powerboats and scuba diving.
- There are plenty of beautiful National Trust coastal paths around the cliffs and inland.
- A café is located 50m from The Port.